Friday, June 17, 2005

3 simple networking tips

June is flying by! I guess that's partly because I've been busy writing copy for a couple of website projects--one of which just went live this week--plus newsletter and article work. In July I'm supposed to begin a major editing project, so the summer is looking quite good.

I've updated the What's New page on my website, so if anyone is interested in specific project details, that's a good place to look.

And of course, I've been networking like crazy. Can't get enough. You never know what might lead to business! My general rule(s) of thumb when talking with new contacts:

1. Ask what they do/what their business is. Listen--really listen--to their response.
2. Exchange business cards.
3. Smile.

Yup, it's that simple. Just be friendly and professional. With everyone.

And that's my tip for the week. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: