Thursday, October 06, 2011

the coffeehouse writer

Aaaah...here I sit, undisturbed (i.e., no young children calling, "Mom! Mom?") with a cup of steamy coffee before me. I've got my laptop. I've got my cell (which I just used to take a call from my husband, who informed me of an incident involving our two-year-old, her diaper, and a certain mess that resulted from her taking said diaper off...but that's for another post). I've got ideas flowing for a project I'm working on.

Where am I? Certainly not at home. I'm at the local coffeehouse. As much as I love working from home, sometimes I love working away from home more. The change in scenery does wonders for one's concentration level...and the caffeine doesn't hurt, either.

As my mind wandered a few minutes ago (can't seem to avoid that fate!), I began considering changing my business name from Cassie Hart Copywriting & Editorial Services to something more, well, business sounding. Without my name included. I came up with Coffeehouse Copywriting. Given the fact that I am, indeed, a coffee junkie, and that I enjoy the atmosphere of coffeehouses, the name seems to fit. Of course, I'd have to get all new business cards and re-create my website, which I don't really have time to do. But it's a viable thought for the future.

All this leads me to a question for my fellow biz owners: how did you come up with your business name?

No comments: