Monday, August 13, 2012

back-to-school for WAHMs

It still feels like summer and it probably will, weather-wise, for a while longer. However, school is just around the corner! The kids in our district start next week. I'm pleased to say I'm ahead of the game, at least if we're talking school supplies and emotional readiness. (Really, I'm so over the fighting all. day. long. Who will be shedding tears at the first day's morning goodbye? Not me!)

Mentally, though, I'm not quite there yet. I need to make the shift from summertime working hours to school season mindset. I'm lucky to have a husband who is home from May until August, which makes it easy to take off for a few hours to get some quality, uber-focused coffeehouse (i.e., working) time. But when he goes back to work and my oldest is in school, it's just me and our younger daughter, who is about to turn three and doesn't quite understand the "mommy's working" concept.

I know I'm not the only one who struggles with the WAHM (work at home mom) home-work balance. Fortunately, I have been able to find some websites that support and encourage others in this situation. I'd like to share them with you, too. If you are also a WAHM I think you'll appreciate the content. If you're not but know of someone who is, please forward this post to her. I think she'll appreciate it.

MOMeo Magazine 

WAHM Article Tips

The WAHM Blog

And here's a listing of top blogs for WAHMs. Check them out and bookmark the ones you like.

I realize the number of WAHDs (work at home dads) is increasing these days. If you're one and can move past the feminine label, these links will be useful for you, too. Maybe I should write a blog post specifically for WAHDs...what do you think?

No comments: