Tuesday, April 19, 2005

a writer's work

For those of you who have been eagerly awaiting the April issue of WriteTips, please note that it should be delivered to you inbox by this afternoon. It's my goal to have everthing formatted and sent this morning. And I'm not getting up from my desk until that's done. Period.

This morning I gave a talk at my BNI meeting. Instead of offering "how-to" advice about writing (as I've done in the past) I decided to let the group inside my head for a bit as I offered a glimpse of my philosophy of/approach to copywriting. I addressed several issues, but I really hope folks are beginning to understand (if they don't already) that writing is so much more than just putting words down for the world to read. It also includes planning, organizing, researching, drafting, editing, interviewing, prioritizing, and so much more.

I'll be updating my website this week, so watch for some new portfolio samples and an updated "What's New" section.

No comments: